Work Type: Permanent
At Fairfax Meadow, where excellence is celebrated as the Catering Butcher of the Year 2023, we're on the lookout for a Project Manager to join our IT team at the Derby Head Office.
We're seeking an individual with a proven track record in implementing site development projects and ERP systems, skilled at executing projects within live production and sales environments without causing disruptions.
If you like to develop processes and new ways of working, this role could be for you.
As a Project Manager, you'll take the lead on projects within Fairfax Meadow. Your role involves leading project teams, defining project execution plans, and inspiring teams to deliver projects on time and within budget.
Your success will be measured by your ability to meet the expectations of The Fairfax Meadow Leadership Team.
· Freedom to make decisions - Advising on scope and design changes that need approval and informing.
· Proactive Thinking - Interpreting data with accuracy and finding out what and why things have happened, using information to ensure appropriate decisions and actions are taken.
· Working with others - Managing people well – keeping them informed, providing required levels of support, guidance and feedback, and encouraging involvement. Focusing on building team spirit and dealing professionally with conflict while remaining consistent, fair and dependable.
· Consumer Led and Customer Focused – Knowledge of the customers and consumers and understanding the impact their role can have on them. Taking personal responsibility to act on customer related requests and issues. Seeing things from the customer/ consumer perspective and encouraging others to do the same.
· Managing Self – Seeking feedback from others and looking for ways to develop. Actively participating in Hilton Food development activity and applying learning in the workplace.
· Focus on Results - Understanding the goals/targets/standards that have been set and working out what that means for self and team. Systematically planning, prioritising and organising work. Ensuring team members are clear about standards and expectations.
· The projects will involve new business relationships with new Suppliers.
· The range of projects crosses several different functions where the PM will not have specialist knowledge.
· There are multiple stakeholders involved and many are new relationships for Fairfax Meadow and Hilton Foods
· All business functions will be involved in the projects design & execution.
· Potential conflicts between Workstreams on design & value balancing.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
· Knowledge of best practice project management tools & techniques
· The ability to influence outcomes while sometimes in a position with little or no direct authority.
· Attention to detail whilst also seeing the big picture/vision.
· Strong inter-personal skills, with capability to communicate well at all levels.
· Food manufacturing / distribution, ideally chilled (ideal but not essential).
· 33 days of annual leave.
· Access to a staff shop with discounted prices on a wide range of meat products.
· Employee store discounts.
· Free Tea/Coffee.
· Group life assurance.
· Share save scheme.
· Regular Company Events.
· Generous Christmas Hamper.
· Cycle to work scheme.
· Employee rewards, including periodic complimentary snacks and treats.