Trainee Buyer & Import Administrator
Role title: Trainee Buyer & Import Administrator
Location: Estate Road, Grimsby
Hilton Seafoods are looking for a Trainee Buyer & Import Administrator to work within the purchasing team. You will work closely with Supply Chain & Planning in order to train and become a Seafood Buyer with end to end sourcing, purchasing & supply chain insight and expertise. This is a fantastic career opportunity where training will be provided to help you understand your product area and support you becoming an expert in the field.
As an Trainee Buyer & Import Administrator some of the responsibilities will be to:
- Provide support to the Senior Fish Buyer to manage the daily and weekly in bound Salmon demand.
- To build supplier relationships within both existing & potential new supply chains.
- To train as an Import Clerk, encompassing all elements from country of origin to receipt into the UK.
- To learn all aspects of the requirements by Port Health & Customs/HMRC through the UK borders including an understanding of all import duty preference schemes.
- To manage the relationship between HSF and its freight forwarders.
- To maintain a purchase order register of all orders raised for all species.
- To schedule & agree shipping plans for frozen seafood outside of your remit and in support of the Senior Fish Buyer and Fish Buyer.
- To support the Purchasing Team in monitoring and assessment of live contracts.
- To provide inventory reports & overview of risks/opportunities weekly, taking into account stock & inbound shipments due.
To succeed as an Trainee Buyer & Import Administrator we ask that you have the following experience/expertise:
- Patience & ability to absorb data and information during periods of training & mentoring.
- Highly organised in both diary management and information collation, able to prioritise workload.
- Strong communicator recognising both internal & external ‘customer’ needs.
- Ability to multi- task and work under pressure in a timely and effective way.
- IT literate, with ability to perform basic functions using Word, Excel, PowerPoint & TEAMS.
What you get in return:
On top of working for a fantastic organisation with a family feel and state of the art facilities you will receive a great package with competitive holiday allowance, life assurance of minimum two times yearly salary, opportunities for development and internal promotion, Share save scheme, free car parking on site along a subsidised canteen.
We are a company that takes pride in their people as it is our people who are at the centre of everything that we do, if you want to find out more please follow the link below.
Closing date: 14th July 2023