Senior Engineer - Controls
Senior Engineer - Controls
Location: Bath with occasional travel
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Control Engineer to join Cellular Agriculture on our journey towards real sustainability within the food manufacturing industry. As leaders in the cultured protein space we're constantly growing and looking for talented individuals to contribute towards work that really matters.
As a Senior Controls Engineer you will lead in the development of bioprocess system control solutions for cultivated protein production. We're looking for someone who will look for creative solutions to ensure high quality data is captured over a range of process variables, in order to make improvements. The role will be a key member of a growing multi-disciplinary engineering team and be pivotal in creating a holistic, flexible, cost-effective and scalable control solution in a cutting-edge area of biotechnology.
To succeed as a Senior Engineer - Controls, we ask for the following experience, skills and attributes:
- Lab or industry experience or gained through an advanced degree, or equivalent
- Strong problem solving, engineering design and execution skills in an R&D laboratory environment
- Experience with development and implementation of automation into lab processes or machinery
- Working to HSE procedures in a lab or manufacturing setting. Appreciation of safe systems of work.
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant subject area (control systems, computer science, electrical and electronics engineering etc.)
It would also be beneficial (but not essential) for you to have:
- Industrial control system knowledge (e.g. PLC, SCADA, DCS)
- Experience with laboratory control packages such as LabView or similar, or general software capability relevant to automation
- Experience with sensing and process control solutions in biotech or adjacent industries e.g. food, water treatment or general fluid handling systems
As Senior Engineer - Bioprocess some of the responsibilities will be to:
- Work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team of engineers and scientists to rapidly screen system concepts, produce designs and prototypes, and deliver automated process systems
- Develop strategies to automatically control processes through real-time monitoring
- Source hardware and instrumentation suitable for integration into processes to ensure robust performance
- Develop user-centric interfaces to enable consistent operation by other multi-disciplinary team members
- Ensure capture and visualisation of real-time data and compilation into outputs and reports to enable analysis and troubleshooting
- Design test programmes which feed back into the design process to ensure continuous improvement of systems.
What join our winning team?
In addition to working in a world class facility based in the Bath region with a supporting and inclusive team, you will receive a highly competitive base salary, share options in a growing biotech enterprise, competitive holiday allowance and benefits package including pension, medical cover and life assurance. Access to world-class training, development, and networking with organisations across cellular agriculture, and food & agriculture more broadly.
Cellular Agriculture Ltd is aiming to make cultured meat a widely available, sustainable, ethical, affordable protein alternative.
We are passionate about food security with an enthusiasm for next-generation solutions, innovative technologies, sustainability, and the future of food and agriculture, and are looking for like-minded people to join our growing team.
The company is structured between a Research, Development and Quality (RDQ) Department responsible for innovating and delivering the bioprocess technology, and the Operations Department responsible for ensuring the company runs smoothly. These Departments work seamlessly together towards delivering a sustainable alternative protein to diversify food stuffs for food security across the world.
We are committed to being an inclusive workplace. We strongly believe in having a diverse and equal culture with a range of people who will contribute to our community and culture from day one, influencing our day-to-day working and encouraging growth.