Senior Buyer - Europe
Role title: Senior Buyer - Europe
Hilton Foods are looking for a Senior Buyer to support the Group Procurement function in the negotiation and management of contracts and suppliers and the management of projects in order to deliver the most competitive overall cost of supply. The Senior Buyer will Support the process of regional structured tenders in order to ensure HFG are paying the correct cost for its non-protein direct and indirect requirements.
As an Senior Buyer Europe some of the responsibilities will be to:
• Manage some of the smaller categories and associated suppliers.
• Identify, manage and deliver a pipeline of cost reduction initiatives.
• Develop business insight through analysis of commodity data: track, understand and predict relevant commodity price movements and articulate the effect on components and products.
• Translate supplier and commodity insight into cost models which enable value creation.
• Manage and work with the Procurement Senior Managers and suppliers to deliver cost out initiatives and projects across the sites.
• Support in the management of R&D / Innovation Projects.
To succeed as an Senior Buyer Europe we ask that you have the following experience/expertise:
• Graduate calibre with a degree or equivalent qualification in an appropriate subject.
• The ability to regularly travel across Europe in order to spread best practice and visit suppliers and sites.
• Excellent team working abilities.
• Good people skills.
• Previous experience in a similar role is preferable.
What you get in return:
You will have the opportunity for excellent on the job development alongside working for a fantastic organisation with a family feel you will receive a great package with competitive holiday allowance, Cycle to work scheme, variety of discounts at well-known retailers as well as gyms and free car parking on site along a subsidised canteen.