Safety & Wellbeing Coordinator
Role title: Safety & Wellbeing Coordinator
Location: Ireland, Drogheda
About the role:
We are now looking for an experienced Safety & Wellbeing Coordinator who thrives in a friendly, non-hierarchical, ‘consumer focused and customer driven’ high performance culture to H&S department.
This role will suit a Safety & Wellbeing Coordinator who ideally is looking to join a business that will offer a long-term career and massive progression opportunities. If this sounds like you go ahead and apply or if you know someone who might be interested, share the details!
What you get in return:
On top of working for a fantastic organisation with a family feel and state of the art facilities you will receive a great package with competitive holiday allowance, opportunities for development and internal promotion, Cycle to work scheme, Share save scheme, free car parking on site along a subsidised canteen.
To succeed as a Safety & Wellbeing Coordinator we ask that you have the following experience/expertise:
- Some previous experiencing of operating within a large Group business
- Working knowledge and understanding of incident investigation (best practice)
- Experience with insurance and claims management
- Interaction and liaising with HSE / Authorities, Fire etc.
- Some previous exposure to working within a global multi sited business
- Previous experience / exposure in FMCG within the food industry
As a Safety & Wellbeing Coordinator some of the responsibilities will be to:
- To assist with the implementation, monitoring, and reviewing of Health & Safety strategies, procedures, risk assessments, and safe working practices in line with the Global Safety Framework
- To promote a positive Health & Safety culture and assist to improve Health & Safety performance
- To action any safety concerns raised by employees, managers, safety representatives, visitors, contractors, or members of the public
- To assist with management and development of the Global Safety Framework
- To assist in the identification of training needs for employees and assist with the delivery of training as required
- To support the carrying out of risk assessments where required
- To aid the flow of Health & Safety information and communications throughout the company
- To carry out workplace inspections in order to proactively identify where Health & Safety may be improved
- To support managers with investigations and facilitate necessary steps to prevent reoccurrences
- To assist with preparation of Health & Safety reports and statistical performance data as required
- To keep up to date with current Health & Safety legislation
- To develop and maintain effective working relationships with all departments at all levels
- To take an active role in any company projects or initiatives which will improve Health & Safety
- To actively engage with the factory floor to facilitate communications
- To attend safety meetings as required
We are a company that takes pride in their people as it is our people who are at the centre of everything that we do, if you want to find out more please follow the link below.