Role Title: Process Technologist
Location: Estate Road & Laforey Road, Grimsby
Hilton Seafoods is looking for a Process Technologist to support Product Development Manager in the delivery of NPD and EPD projects. The right candidate will work closely with development chefs, production, buying, technical, packaging and planning to develop new products that efficiently scale up to the factory. Manage factory trials, complete trial reports and complete relevant data for retailer new product specifications and factory SOP’s. Assist production teams in developing and maintaining cost effective production processes. Works collaboratively with other functions taking a hands-on approach and providing support where required outside core functional responsibilities.
As a Process Technologist some of the responsibilities will be to:
- Scope covers all NPD, EPD and cost saving projects for new and current products.
- Work alongside chefs on new briefs and concepts to ensure they are viable for factory scale up.
- Plan and execute factory trials and ensure trial data is accurately recorded for costing updates; production meeting updates, relevant technical and development meetings.
- Maintain accurate product files and take responsibility for relevant parts of product specifications and factory SOP’s.
- Present to internal and external customers as appropriate.
- Establish effective working relationships with the customer, suppliers and all internal departments.
- Good working knowledge of all plant machinery, capabilities and programmable information.
- Project work and new machine commissioning trials.
To succeed as a Process Technologist, we ask that you have the following experience/expertise:
- A food graduate Diploma or Degree level desirable and/or extensive relevant operations experience.
- At least 2 years relevant experience in the chilled food industry.
- Be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and adapt to different retailer processes and systems.
- Must be able to manage and work to deadlines.
- Experience of using customer stage gate and specification systems.
- Must be able to work across multiple sites and be flexible about working hours including early, late and weekend work when required.
- Full/clean driving licence is essential with the ability to travel.
- Understand different requirements of Branded Products vs own label and differing sign off process.
- Confident and effective communicator, experienced in meeting with customers.
What you get in return:
On top of working for a fantastic organisation with a family feel and state of the art facilities you will receive a great package with competitive holiday allowance, life assurance of minimum two times yearly salary, opportunities for development and internal promotion, Share save scheme, free car parking on site along a subsidised canteen.
We are a company that takes pride in their people as it is our people who are at the centre of everything that we do, if you want to find out more please follow the link below.