Process & Packaging Manager
Role Title:Process & Packaging Manager
Location: Estate Road & Laforey Road, Grimsby
Hilton Seafoods is looking for a Process & Packaging Manager to lead the day-to-day management of packaging development projects. Interface with the cross functional business teams to ensure successful launch of new products. Manage and develop a team of packaging technologist and specifications administrator. Work closely with Head of Innovation and Product Development Manager to build a cohesive and effective NPD function operating across the total business. Works collaboratively with other functions taking a hands on approach and providing support where required outside core functional responsibilities.
As a Process & Packaging Manager some of the responsibilities will be to:
- Work closely with Head of Innovation and Product Development Manager to build cohesive and effective NPD function operating across the total business.
- Manage artwork process across own label and brand.
- Attending customer meetings to advise, develop and implement design and packaging requirements.
- Where relevant attend new packaging print runs.
- Develop and embed a common way of working across sites.
- Work collaboratively with the Packaging Buyer and suppliers to develop a proactive pipeline of insight led packaging ideas, to influence our customers’ direction and feed into future NPD briefs.
- Work with Purchasing, Technical and Production to identify common packaging elements and formats to reduce cost and complexity across sites
- Manage Specification Administrator and liaise with internal and external customers to ensure artwork accuracy.
To succeed as a Process & Packaging Manager, we ask that you have the following experience/expertise:
- At least 5 years’ experience in a relevant background.
- Able to combine creativity with a complete understanding of full scale production practicalities and commercial requirements.
- Experience of leading small teams.
- Proven ability to work cross functionally to achieve business objectives.
- Understand different requirements of Branded Products vs own label and differing sign off process.
- Ability to work on multiple retailers simultaneously and adapt to different processes and systems.
- Strong ability to work under pressure and to tight timescales.
- Track record of developing strong relationships with customers, suppliers and the wider business team.
- Stays abreast of legal and industry regulation and practice regarding packaging and artwork specifications.
- Attends packaging exhibitions and events in order to remain at the forefront of industry trends.
- Must be able to work across multiple sites and be flexible about working hours including early starts, late finishes and weekend work when required.
- Full driving license is essential with the ability to travel.
What you get in return:
On top of working for a fantastic organisation with a family feel and state of the art facilities you will receive a great package with competitive holiday allowance, life assurance of minimum two times yearly salary, opportunities for development and internal promotion, Share save scheme, free car parking on site along a subsidised canteen.
We are a company that takes pride in their people as it is our people who are at the centre of everything that we do, if you want to find out more please follow the link below.