People & Culture Manager Seafood
Role title: People & Culture Manager Seafood
About the role:
Hilton Seafood is looking for a People & Culture Manager. Reporting to the Managing Director Seafood and UK & Ireland People & Culture Director, you will be a strategic partner and change agent, building and delivering the people capability we need to meet the needs of our customers, our people and our business.
As part of the People & Culture leadership team contribute to the development of the Regional People & Culture Strategy and develop and deliver aligned Seafood business People Plan. You will work with the Seafood leadership team to create a climate in which our people feel connected and committed to the business.
As the seafood division of Hilton Foods, Hilton Seafood UK is the leading supplier of chilled fish to the UK retail market. We are based in the UK seafood capital, Grimsby, and the business has grown to be the largest chilled fish processor with a partnership approach both to customers and supply chains. We operate from two large production sites located in Grimsby town. We procure and pack a full range of fresh, chilled and frozen products for sale, either on retail fishmonger counters or prepacked in the latest consumer-convenient pre-packaged formats.
As an People & Culture Manager some of the responsibilities will be to:
- Be part of the Senior Management Team for Hilton Seafood setting the strategic direction of the business and leading the business to deliver its business plan.
- Leading the Seafood People & Culture team, motivating and developing the team to deliver best in class services.
- Leading on all aspects of employee relations, both collective and individual, to ensure employees are managed fairly and business requirements are met in a legally compliant way that protects the reputation of the business.
- Coaching and mentoring Seafood leaders and managers on all aspects of people related matters including people leadership skills strengthening leadership through coaching.
- Working collaboratively with Seafood senior management team, Regional People & Culture management and Group to ensure the appropriate development and management of pay and benefits.
- Continually develop and oversee performance management to support a high-performance culture.
- Liaise and collaborate with development of a UK & Ireland People & Culture Shared Services to ensure resourcing, learning & development, HR systems and administration meet local requirements so the needs of our people and business are met. Lead alignment with manufacturing, planning and Shared Services Resourcing Team to manage agencies and ensure they cost effectively deliver the service we need.
- Collaborating with health and safety demonstrating visible leadership in driving right safety culture in accordance with the Health and Safety Framework in the business and support the wellbeing of our people through the development and delivery of wellbeing programmes and initiatives and occupational health and return to work.
To succeed as a People & Culture Manager, we ask that you have the following experience/expertise:
- Experience of HR leadership within manufacturing.
- High level fluency in written and verbal English.
- Graduate level capability (ideally with postgraduate HR qualifications).
- Broad generalist HR background with good grounding in employee relations and engagement.
- Proven track record of delivering business change and building organisational capability.
- Strong influencing skills and relationship management at all levels internally and externally.
What you get in return:
On top of working for a fantastic organisation with a family feel and state of the art facilities you will receive a great package with competitive bonus, private medical benefit and holiday allowance, opportunities for development.