Logistics Supervisor (Night Shift)
Role Title: Logistics Supervisor (Night Shift)
Shift: 4 on 4 off, 6 PM-6 AM
Hilton Foods are looking for Logistics Supervisor to ensure the safe, effective, and productive operation of all aspects of HFUK, logistics department under the direction of the Logistics Shift Manager. Manage the shift logistic team, ensuring that all targets are met, and all procedures are followed.
As a Logistics Supervisor some of the responsibilities will be to:
- To effectively understand and supervise the day-to-day resources of the shift to include awareness of goods coming in; awareness of goods going out; and any internal requirements.
- Priorities and control work that is allocated to staff using all resources effectively and efficiently.
- Retain supervisory awareness at all times particularly if involved in another task i.e. assisting with loading/unloading etc.
- Ensure that company standards for hygiene and housekeeping are met with all staff using the correct P.P.E
- Manage the training and development of operatives to ensure legal compliance and operational continuity.
- Working with the Logistics Admin Team to record and resolve any discrepancies and/or problems and ensuring quality checks and operational updates are completed as required.
- Deputies for the logistics shift Manager during periods of absence or annual leave.
- Control of staff effectively manages their breaks to ensure that time is not wasted and operational cover is maintained at all times.
- Monitoring employee productivity and providing constructive feedback and coaching.
- Carry out a formal investigation, where necessary, in line with the company's Disciplinary & Grievance Policy.
To succeed as a Logistics Supervisor, we ask that you have the following experience/expertise:
- Knows about the customers and consumers and understands the impact their role can have on them.
- Takes personal responsibility to act on customer-related requests and issues. Sees things from the customer/ consumer perspective and encourages others to do the same.
- Able to accurately interpret data and find out what and why things have happened. Uses information to ensure appropriate decisions and actions are taken.
- Recognizes how one situation may be affected by another and thinks of the implications of actions on other activities and goals. Uses this approach to generate ideas for improvement and presents logical arguments to support those ideas.
- Manages people well – keeps them informed, provides required levels of support, guidance and feedback and encourages involvement. Focuses on building team spirit and deals professionally with conflict. Is consistent, fair and dependable.
- Considers how own work impacts on others. Willing to help and work constructively with others, proactively shares knowledge and supports decisions made by colleagues. Builds productive relationships within and across teams and adapts to different perspectives and cultures.
- Aware of own strengths and limitations. Seeks feedback from others and looks for ways to develop. Actively participates in Hilton Food development activity and applies learning in the workplace.
- Appreciates the need to change for the success of the business and responds quickly and positively. Looks for ways to succeed rather than reasons why it won’t work.
- Understands the goals/targets/standards that have been set and works out what that means for self and team. Systematically plans, prioritizes, and organizes work. Ensures team members are clear about standards and expectations.
- Takes personal ownership and acts to ensure delivery of excellent work against agreed standards and safety requirements – aims to get it right the first time. Reviews quality of work acknowledges achievements, and proactively suggests ideas for improvement.
- Be familiar with and adhere to the company's H&S Program
- Comply with all relevant H&S legislation and observe all safety rules.
- Use appropriate protective clothing, safety equipment, and safety devices always .
- Report all accidents/injuries and near misses immediately. Follow all instructions given by any person with responsibility for H&S
What you get in return:
On top of working for a fantastic organisation with a family feel and state of the art facilities you will receive a great package with competitive holiday allowance, life assurance of minimum two times yearly salary, opportunities for development and internal promotion, Cycle to work scheme, Share save scheme, variety of discounts at well-known retailers as well as gyms and free car parking on site along a subsidised canteen.
We are a company that takes pride in their people as it is our people who are at the centre of everything that we do, if you want to find out more, please follow the link below.
We value our inclusivity as we believe diversity should be embraced and celebrated. We live and work by these values and that’s what makes Hilton Foods a great place to work.