IT Security Senior Manager
We are looking for an IT Security Senior Manager who thrives in a friendly, non-hierarchical, ‘consumer focused and customer driven’ high performance culture due to ongoing growth within the business.
As IT Security Senior Manager, you will lead all cyber security activities in support of functional priorities, such as strategic plans, initiatives, and organisational development processes. You will be charged with maximising the effective operation of the cybersecurity function with respect to workflow, scheduling, staffing, budget, communications, and events. If this sounds like an opportunity for you, read on!!
As IT Security Senior Manager some of your responsibilities will include:
IT Security and Strategy
- Provides expertise and operational guidance to the IT Director Hilton Services and develops detailed work plans for the completion of tasks
- Lead and coordinate activities in support of cybersecurity priorities, to include the development and implementation of functional and organisational processes and procedures in support of functional and organisational goals
- Prepares detailed operating and financial reports in support of functional and strategic issues
- Reviews personnel actions, creates necessary ad hoc reports, leads briefings, creates presentations, authors speeches, and is responsible for responses to a variety of organisational and strategic issues
- First point of contact for the project managers on IT Security projects that are key to functional and strategic success.
- Conducts project status updates to IT Leadership (ITL) in support of Hilton Foods IT Security and business objectives.
Communication and Training
- Organises training and development initiatives for IT and cybersecurity staff.
- Counsels, coaches, and aids in the development of IT and cybersecurity staff.
- Manages any IT security team members.
- Operational point of contact for the Hilton Foods Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP)
- Reviews all network monitoring and intrusion detection analysis reports sourced from multiple Computer Network Defence (CND) tools, such as Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS), firewalls, Host-Based Security System (HBSS), etc and leads of escalation, rectification and improvements as appropriate
- Raises, Reviews, and participates in change requests providing authorisations and change tracking through to implementation
- Identifies security trends across all Hilton Foods networks, recommending accurate application if IT Resources and Security expenditure.
- Lead the review of technical incident reports making recommendations on process improvement, specific or general training and the evolution of network infrastructure.
- Research emerging threats and vulnerabilities to aid in the identification of network incidents.
- Compliments the MSSP to include mitigating actions to contain activity and facilitating forensics analysis when necessary.
- Supports the testing of new computers, software, switch hardware and routers before implementation to ensure Hilton Foods Security Policies are adhered to.
- Leads the creation of business continuity/disaster recovery plans from an IT security point of view, to include conducting disaster recovery tests, publishing test results, and making changes necessary to address deficiencies
To succeed as IT Security Senior Manager, we ask that you have the following experience/expertise:
- BSc or MA in Computer Science, Information Security, or equivalent or in a related field
- An understanding of cybersecurity fundamentals and general security technologies
- Technical expertise in anti-virus solutions, virus outbreak management and the ability to differentiate virus activity from directed attack patterns.
- Technical expertise in Intrusion Prevention System (IPS)/Intrusion Detection System (IDS), SIEMs and other Computer Network Defence (CND) security tools.
- An ability to communicate complex and technical issues to diverse audiences, orally and in writing, in an easily understood, confident, and actionable manner.
- Ability to successfully manage and motivate teams.
- Excellent presentation skills, especially with senior executive audiences.
- Strong knowledge or business experience in other business units or functional areas outside security.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) and/or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Experience in information security, especially on a Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT), Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT), Computer Security Incident Response Centre (CSIRC) or a Security Operations Centre (SOC)
- Experience in another IT function, especially IT Audit
- Experience with regulatory compliance and information security management frameworks (e.g., IS027000, COBIT, NIST 800, etc.)
What you get in return:
On top of working for a fantastic organisation with a family feel and state of the art facilities you will receive a great package with competitive holiday allowance, private medical insurance, life assurance of four times yearly salary, opportunities for development and internal promotion, share save scheme, variety of discounts at well-known retailers as well as gyms, and free car parking on site alongside a subsidised canteen.