Hygiene Operative - Nights
Vacancy Estate Road 2
Hygiene Operative – Nights
- To safely and efficiently deliver high standards of factory hygiene against documented methodology & procedures (CIC’S) which ensure that the Manufacturing facility meets all regulatory standards and customer (internal and external) expectations for the site.
- To understand how cleaning impacts on food safety from a microbiological, allergen and foreign body perspective.
- Waste streams are managed according to their particular area using segregation and avoiding minimisation of food debris in drainage systems, any mixing of cardboard, plastic, food and general waste to maximise revenue and comply with the Hilton environmental policies.
- Facilitate ongoing requirements of the HFG Health & Safety framework.
- Be able to support sister sites in Grimsby where and if required.
- To clean food production equipment, machinery, utensils, and areas to the required standard in a safe and efficient manner using the relevant chemicals at the correct dose by following validated CICs.
- To ensure cleaning is carried out following Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) with regards to Colour Coding, Allergen, Speciation and Area policies.
- To ensure any Hygiene records are accurately completed on time, in full and legible.
- To provide a service to all production areas ensuring equipment is cleaned in a timely manner and returned for use minimising any potential downtime and supporting set up where required.
- To remove and segregate waste by the appropriate stream, avoiding any cross contamination during the process & minimising any debris entering the drainage system in line with the sites environmental policies.
- Understand listeria controls in the high-risk area, following the area hygiene and personnel procedures.
- To conduct environmental and allergen swabs where required.
- To escalate any identified equipment issues including H&S issues, access issues, potential foreign body risks etc.
- To follow all H&S procedures in their area of responsibility, wear the appropriate PPE and follow the site rules to ensure personal safety and the safety of others.
- To report all Accidents and Near Misses to their Team Manager and via the appropriate reporting channels supporting Root Cause Analysis (RCA) to prevent reoccurrence and improve safety on site.
- To complete any Start Up Checks in their area of responsibility and report any defects to their Team Manager.
- To work proactively with your Team Manager and colleagues in continually seeking new ways and offering advice on improvements to maximise efficiency, reduce cost and save resource.
- Have a degree of flexibility and be able to rotate around the Dept. to cover any applicable role.
If you feel you have the necessary skills to be considered for this position, please forward your written application to HSF-HR@hfgplc.com or you can hand your application directly to the People and Culture Department no later than 24th March 2023.