Role title: Finance Director
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced Finance Director who thrives in a friendly, non-hierarchical, ‘consumer focused and customer driven’ high performance culture. In this role the Finance Director will Partner with the Managing Director across our two sites to drive the business performance.
As an Finance Director some of the responsibilities will be to:
- Leading a team of 12 across financial control, management accounting, commercial finance, transactional finance and payroll.
- Deliver clear and unambiguous analysis of performance, that identifies areas of challenge and pin points defined actions for delivery across the business to improve profit/service/quality performance.
- Support the identification and delivery of the performance improvement pipeline, through challenge, and accurate tracking and validation of savings.
- Validate and arbitrate on all capex business cases, ensuring paybacks are accurate calculated and ultimately delivered.
- Ensure robust product costing systems and processes in place, clearly identifying the implications of commercial decisions, ensuring profitable volume growth.
To succeed as an Finance Director we ask that you have the following experience/expertise:
- A collaborative and proactive outlook and be comfortable working with senior stakeholders delivering financial information.
- A committed leader with a results orientation and a desire to support business success as part of the management team.
- Strong knowledge of financial analysis and reporting.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
As the seafood division of Hilton Foods, Hilton Seafood UK is the leading supplier of chilled fish to the UK retail market. We are based in the UK seafood capital, Grimsby, and the business has grown to be the largest chilled fish processor with a partnership approach both to customers and supply chains. We operate from two large production sites with an additional 100-year-old artisan smokehouse located in Grimsby town. We procure and pack a full range of fresh, chilled and frozen products for sale, either on retail fishmonger counters or prepacked in the latest consumer-convenient pre-packaged formats.
What you get in return:
On top of working for a fantastic organisation with a family feel and state of the art facilities you will receive a great package with competitive holiday allowance, paid overtime, life assurance of minimum two times yearly salary, opportunities for development and internal promotion, Cycle to work scheme, Share save scheme, variety of discounts at well-known retailers as well as gyms and free car parking on site along a subsidised canteen.