Engineer (Night Shift)
Role title: Engineer (Night Shift)
About the role:
We are now looking for an experienced Engineer who thrives in a friendly, non-hierarchical, ‘consumer focused and customer driven’ high performance culture to join a business that will offer a long-term career and massive progression opportunities. If this sounds like you go ahead and apply!
What you get in return:
On top of working for a fantastic organisation with a family feel and state of the art facilities you will receive a great package with competitive holiday allowance, paid overtime, life assurance of minimum two times yearly salary, opportunities for development and internal promotion, Cycle to work scheme, Share save scheme, variety of discounts at well-known retailers as well as gyms and free car parking on site along a subsidised canteen.
To succeed as an Engineer, we ask that you have the following experience/expertise:
- Must have served a recognised apprenticeship to ONC/HNC level or an equivalent standard with a proven track record in electrical control (PLCs, contactors, relays, safety ccts etc.) Mechancial and electrical bias considered however must have skills within both areas.
- Good mechanical knowledge
- Experience of working in a food environment is essential
- Self-motivated and able to work in a team environment.
As an Engineer some of the responsibilities will be to:
- Diagnosing all faults and carry out remedial action to required standards.
- Proposing improvements to all equipment in order to improve reliability and efficiency.
- Attending PIT meeting on lines to drive an increase in OEE working hand in hand with the production teams.
- Completing the job report sheets for all work undertaken.
- Completing breakdown reports on all work undertaken.
- Ensuring that parts used are booked out of the stores department in the correct format.
- Assisting in the installation and commissioning of new equipment as necessary.
- Contributing to any special projects that may be required.
- Working in conjunction with contractors as necessary.
We are a company that takes pride in their people as it is our people who are at the centre of everything that we do, if you want to find out more please follow the link below.