Demand Planner – Packaging & Ingredients
Role title: Demand Planner – Packaging & Ingredients
Location: Estate Road, Grimsby
Hilton Foods are looking for a Demand Planner for packing and Ingredients. Reporting to the Head of Supply chain and planning you will work closely with the Supply Chain and Planning teams, as well as working with the Procurement and NPD teams to ensure that the business has the correct stock and quantity of packaging and ingredients goods. This is a vital role to the team to ensure all goods are delivered on time and in full, and the site stock levels are always at the optimal level.
As an Demand Planner some of the responsibilities will be to:
- Manage the stock levels of Packaging, Ingredients and Indirects as required.
- Send suppliers up to date 12-week demand forecasts and liaise with suppliers all requirements.
- Work closely with Planning and Commercial teams to ensure that forecasts are correct including promotional / launch requirements.
- Raise purchase orders on the system and ensure that they are sent to the supply base inline with agreed lead times.
- Deputise for others in the department when absent.
- Ensure systems are up to date with delivery dates, quantities of orders and current products to allow for smooth ordering/booking in process. Raise requests for any new products to be added prior to ordering.
- Ensure all packaging/ingredients required for pre-production trials are ordered and information sent to NPD.
- Attend NPD meetings to provide input into packaging and ingredient concepts and ideas.
To succeed as an Demand Planner we ask that you have the following experience/expertise:
- Proven scheduling/procurement experience.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to liaise with the site management teams.
- Experience within a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
What you get in return:
On top of working for a fantastic organisation with a family feel and state of the art facilities you will receive a great package with competitive holiday allowance, life assurance of minimum two times yearly salary, opportunities for development and internal promotion, Share save scheme, free car parking on site along a subsidised canteen.
We are a company that takes pride in their people as it is our people who are at the centre of everything that we do, if you want to find out more please follow the link below.
Closing date: Friday 20th June 2023