Role title: Cost Accountant
About the role:
We are now looking for an experienced Cost Accountant who thrives in a friendly, non-hierarchical, ‘consumer focused and customer driven’ high performance culture to join a business that will offer a long term career and massive progression opportunities. If this sounds like you go ahead and apply!
What you get in return:
On top of working for a fantastic organisation with a family feel and state of the art facilities you will receive a great package with competitive holiday allowance, life assurance of minimum two times yearly salary, opportunities for development and internal promotion, Share save scheme,gym and free car parking on site along a subsidised canteen.
To succeed as a Cost Accountant, we ask that you have the following experience/expertise:
- Part qualified or recently qualified.
- Strong spreadsheet and data skills
- Good communicator,
- Ideally experience of working with both Commercial and Operations
- Good team working abilities
- Knowledge of the food industry an advantage
- Previous experience in a similar role
As a Cost Accountant some of the responsibilities will be to:
- Maintaining Hilton Seafood costing model and unsure fully updated with latest assumptions on fish prices, CPI, labour rates, yields and labour assumptions
- Obtaining latest fish prices from procurement every period and provide updated MSPs to Commercial to agree changes with customers
- Periodically reviewing yield and labour assumptions with factory managers to ensure these reflect current operations
- Producing concept costs for all new development products/potential new business with the aid of recipes and process flows as provided by the NPD teams.
- Supporting Commercial with product costing for new tenders and customer price reviews.
- Working with management accounts team to ensure they are using latest costings for weekly accounts and also that any differences identified are fed back in to costing model where appropriate.
We are a company that takes pride in their people as it is our people who are at the centre of everything that we do, if you want to find out more please follow the link below.