Role title: Assistant Accountant
Hilton Foods are looking for an Assistant Accountant. Reporting to the Commercial Finance Controller, you will be responsible for maintaining and updating costing models. Supporting in costing submissions, pricing queries, and costing analysis. Responsibilities will range over all costing models – Red Meat, Slow Cook and Meat Free.
As an Assistant Accountant some of the responsibilities will be to:
- Maintain and keeping up to date the costing models, by reflecting changes in manufacturing costs and processes in a timely manner
- Timely upload of cost changes to customer pricing portal
- Supporting the analysis of standard costs vs actual costs including reports of factors affecting pricing and profitability
- Supporting in manufacturing cost audits to ensure all aspects of the cost-con are captured accurately
- Maintain and keep up to date costing documentation, used for weekly and monthly reporting
- Assisting in external audits and customer reviews
- Providing cover as required to the Finance Team
To succeed as an Assistant Accountant, we ask that you have the following experience/expertise:
- All academic levels considered, could suit part qual or finance graduate
- Experience of standard costing models / cost systems background
- Strong excel skills
What you get in return:
On top of working for a fantastic organisation with a family feel and state of the art facilities you will receive a great package with competitive holiday allowance, paid overtime, life assurance of minimum two times yearly salary, opportunities for development and internal promotion, Cycle to work scheme, Share save scheme, variety of discounts at well-known retailers as well as gyms and free car parking on site along a subsidised canteen.
We are a company that takes pride in their people as it is our people who are at the centre of everything that we do, if you want to find out more please follow the link below.
Hilton Food Group - Home (hiltonfoodgroupplc.com)
We value our inclusivity as we believe diversity should be embraced and celebrated. We live and work by these values and that’s what makes Hilton Foods a great place to work.